2022 NYSSA RULES
Bidding on Stallions is ONLY by phone starting January 15, 2022, or in-person at the auction. The website, www.newyorkmorganstallions.com, will track current bid amounts, but these will only be updated a few times per day and may not reflect the exact amount at the time the website is viewed.
Non-Stallion items ONLY will allow online registration and online and/or phone bidding.
1. The minimum bid on any stallion service at the 2022 NY Stallion Service Auction is $700 U.S. Funds.
2. Live Auction will begin at 6:30 PM.
3. ALL bidders on the floor and phone bidders MUST register for a bid number. All bidders must leave a signed blank check or credit card before numbers will be issued. NO BID WILL BE RECOGNIZED WITHOUT A BID NUMBER.
4. Phones will be open beginning January 15, 2022. Leave clearly stated NAME, PHONE NUMBER and best time to return the call if you are sent to voicemail.
5. During the Second Round only the TOP 10 lots will be auctioned.
6. For more information please contact one of the following committee members or email@example.com
NY STALLION SERVICE AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Please note that these pages and the website attempt to summarize basic terms and conditions for each stallion. However, all bidders upon registration agree that all they are acquiring from the NY Stallion Service Auction a breeding contract to the stallion of their choice. The winning bidder is subject to the specific terms as outlined in the stallion owner’s breeding contract which can be seen on our website or through contacting the Stallion Owner or Agent. TERMS IN THE BREEDING CONTRACT SUPERSEDE ANY TERMS LISTED HERE OR ON THE WEBSITE. THERE MAY BE ADDITIONAL FEES SUCH AS BOOKING FEES, COLLECTION AND SHIPPING FEES, AND MARE CARE FEES. FROZEN SEMEN MAY OFFER LIMITED BREEDING DOSES.
THE ONUS OF UNDERSTANDING THE TERMS OF STALLION SERVICE ARE SOLEY UPON THE BIDDER.
2. In the event of dispute concerning the terms of either the SSA or the stallion owner’s contract, all participants agree to accept the decision of the NY Stallion Service Auction committee as binding.
3. The minimum bid on all stallions is $700 US Funds. Important note: If a stallion does not receive a minimum bid that is PAID IN FULL, his offspring are not eligible for the Sweepstakes classes at the NY Morgan Regional.
4. Name Your Mare slot allows the highest bidder to produce a foal that is eligible for the NYSSA Sweepstakes classes at the NY Regional in 2023 & 2027 using ANY registered Morgan Stallion and Mare. The mare MUST be declared to the NYSSA committee by Dec.31, 2022. In the case of pregnancy wastage or failure to conceive, the lot CANNOT be used in a subsequent year.
5. Each entry will be sold to the highest bidder. The auctioneer will determine the winning bid.
6. The mare owner is responsible for any bills concerning veterinary care, farrier, etc. In the event of semen transport, mare owners may be subject to collection fees and shipping charges. Consult stallion owner or agent on the terms pertaining to the shipment of semen. In the case of frozen semen, the buyer may be responsible for storage charges or return of unused semen. Disputes relative to the actual service purchased are between the Purchaser and the Stallion Owner/Agent. See individual breeding contract.
7. Payment Terms: Cash, Credit Card (Mastercard or Visa), or good check. Phones open January 15, 2022 for bidder registration.
8. A minimum deposit of $700 is required at time of auction. Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE. Balance is due before mare is bred or by March 31, 2022, whichever is earlier. Checks must be made to the NY STALLION SERVICE AUCTION. Bounced checks will be charged a $50 processing fee.
NYSSA BONUS MONEY AWARD ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS The purpose of the “NYSSA Bonus Money” is to reward the owners of the donated stallions, as well as the buyers of a breeding at the annual NY Stallion Service Auction.
The Bonus Money Award currently stands at $5,000. If you would like to donate to this award, please contact the NYSSA Committee at: NYMorganStallionServiceAuction@gmail.com. Donations will be accepted toward this bonus award until September 1, 2022.
The Bonus Money is to be divided equally between the eligible top ten-winning weanlings at the New York Morgan Regional Horse Show. For a weanling to be eligible, the breeding must have been purchased, or donated at the previous year’s NY Stallion Service Auction AND the mare, who is in foal to the stallion donated or purchased MUST be declared by December 31 of the year the stud fee was donated or purchased.
For example, a stallion donated and sold at the 2021 NYSSA, the stallion OWNER must declare a mare in foal to that stallion by 12/31/2021. The resulting foal if shown at the NY Regional Show’s Sweepstakes places in the top 10, will receive a pro-rated portion of the bonus money at the 2022 horse show. Additionally, the resulting foal from the purchase of that same stallion’s breeding, who declared a mare by 12/31/2021 is also eligible for the bonus money in 2021. The same eligibility requirements apply to the two “Name Your Mare” lots. Website: www.newyorkmorganstallions.com
Eligible Get – 2022 NY Morgan Regional Show
Friday night’s program will have 3 Sweepstakes Classes— 2022 Weanlings from the 2021 SSA, 2018 Eligible 4yo’s for Hunter/Western and 2018 Eligible 4yo’s Park/English/Classic Pleasure